Friday, March 14, 2014

Guest Designer Inspiration: Laugh Always | Ashley Horton

I am excited to join Scrapping Everyday Miracles as today's Guest Designer!  Roberta invited me a while back and March was the right fit!  I worked with the layout sketch and this month's theme, Laughter Is the Best Medicine, based on Psalm 126:2.  

My children are always laughing or making us laugh, so I knew that using one of their photos would go right along with this challenge.  I had a cute photo of our middle daughter, which I snapped mid-laugh, while she was enjoying a game of tag with her brother and sister.





The sketch is really great, and can give you lots of different options for a starting point for your layout.  I loved the multi-photo aspect, but I chose to use just one photo to document on my layout.  Since my photo was portrait and not landscape, I rotated the sketch.  After rotating, I didn't change much in the way of the sketch design.  I layered patterned papers behind my photo and fussy cut a few of the circle shapes from the Pebbles From Me to You collection, to create an embellishment cluster near my photo. I placed the title right under my photo, since I rotated the sketch.  I finished my layout, by adding a little bit of spray mist, wood veneers, and a flair button.

Thanks again to Roberta and the Team for inviting me to join along with them this month!  I loved working with the sketch and this month's theme!   

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful page and daughter!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooooo beautiful!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors!!!!

csewy-csescrap13 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
csewy-csescrap13 said...

Love it! An adorable photo....love how you related it to this month's theme!

Debbie P said...

Great sketch and Ashley's layout is fantastic!

Cara G said...

So stinkin' cute Ashley---just my style too...in fact, I "pinned" it! Thanks so much for being our guest designer this month at SEM!

Kim said...

Absolutely adorable!!! Loving everything about this layout!
~Kim

Helen Gullett said...

beautiful layout, Ashley! Love the black and white picture you use on the layout with colorful papers and embellishments!